To say I have enjoyed the first 5 days of the New Year would be an understatement.
I mean really, I haven't been so happy to see a year go since 2004. I don't remember why I was so happy to see 2004 go, it probably had something to do with being an angsty 14 year old. Ah well, se la vie (is that how you even spell that?) to the old and Bienvenue to the new. (I don't even know if that is the same language. hah)
So, for 2011, I am trying some new things to keep this year positive and hopefully ick free.
Here are 5 AWESOME things that are going to happen throughout 2011.
1. I am writing a "Grateful for" journal. I have a brand new journal (that I found empty on my shelf BONUS) that I write the date and what I'm grateful for from that day. I haven't had any problems coming up with anything yet since its been nothing but the awesome around my life since I've started.
Editor's Note: When I was in 4th grade we would have in class spelling bees, I'll never forget the day that we had the word grateful and went through the line 4 times (not even exaggerating) before somebody spelled it right and seriously, we spelled it the same way each time g-r-e-a-t-f-u-l. You would think we would've learned after the 2nd time around but no. Now, I'll never forget how to spell grateful.
2. I have registered for 2 classes and they start on Thursday. I can't even begin to explain to you how excited I am to get my learn on. Yeah, I just said that. Hopefully, I will be extremely successful, working full time (and then some) going to school and balancing my social life. How does/did that work out for you guys?
3. I am focusing back on me. I finally have time for myself and damnit, I'm going to take advantage of that! I'm hoping to get back to making my little felt creatures and felt cozy's. Possibly pick up my brushes and start painting again. I don't know! THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS. GAH! I couldn't be more excited to finally get back to me.
4. I am going to be travelling a LOT more this year. I have already planned on going out to DC to visit my sister and brother-in-law 2 times this year, I'm trying to figure out how to get out of the country and visit Italy or Greece.. I'm not sure which yet, it also may not happen this year, but it is my goal. I will also try to get around my home state a little more because Michigan has a LOT to offer. I'm pretty excited for that too. I'm probably going to try to get out west again as well. I want to see all 50 states by the time I'm 50 and I have 13 (which includes DC) under my belt so there is a LOT of states left.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.
5. I'M FINALLY TURNING 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of my friends are already 21 and or have a birthday in the next 3 months. It will be so much easier to go out without them trying to accomodate me all the damn time. :]
So yeah, I have a lot of fantastic things planned for 2011.
Let's get the ball rolling 2011, shall we?
Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming *hopefully* tomorrow.