Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

doodleeee doo.

I wish I was better about taking pictures.

I'm trying to document with my phone some of my crazy happenings, but I usually forget.
or I am 100% unsatisfied with what I've captured.

I'm working on moving on from that.

Trying to get myself to enjoy the pictures I take of me.

Because that's really what it's about... right? Loving myself enough to want to share pictures or have pictures taken of me? Did that make sense? Whatever, hopefully you get the idea.

Sometimes I feel the need to be all businessy.

Face shots are always difficult for me.
I am just not comfortable.
I think it's a vulnerability thing.

This I took about 187481569456178 billionty times before I got this.
And seriously, just look at my face.

I don't even know what to say for this one.
So yeah, once I get back to being a good blogger, I'm going to share more pictures with you. Or at least try doing so. Cause I mean.. I like you guys and I want to share myself with you....? I'm tired.. can you tell?

Alrighty, next item.

I was asked about the folk lore behind the Irish Claddagh ring and so I'm going to share with you what I know.

The Irish Claddagh is a symbol for friendship and for love.

The hands holding the heart represent friendship.
The heart represents love.
The Crown represents loyalty.

Now, another part of this is how and where the ring is worn.

If worn on your left hand, the Crown must be pointing towards your finger tip or away from your heart, to denote marriage, engagement, betrothal, whatever.

If worn on your right hand, there are a couple of different meanings.
If the crown is pointing towards your fingertip (like above with the left hand) then you are in a relationship or your heart is taken. If worn with the Heart pointed toward your fingertip and the Crown toward your heart, It could either mean you are Open to finding a new love/relationship or that you simply aren't ready for that new love.

Here is an easy way to remember:

If the heart of the Claddagh is pointing towards your heart, your heart is closed (there is only a path between the two hearts) and if the heart of the Claddagh is pointing away your heart is open and inviting someone in. (The heart isn't covered by the crown at the end, signaling a pathway into your heart)

A VERY important thing to remember about the Claddagh is that you should NEVER buy one for yourself. It should always be given as a gift. It is said that you will have bad luck if you buy your own Claddagh.

So there you have it, if you have questions, feel free to ask!

3 comments:

  1. That pencil skirt is HOT. That is all. Wear that more. Buy more in different colors. It totally works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Babe!

    When I can actually afford to go shopping again, I will be buying more. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute style shots, I like the last one :)

    ReplyDelete