What the eff?
You were kind of a jerk.
Okay, more like I want to sucker punch you in the nads because you were such an asshole to me.
ALL. YEAR. LONG.
Sure, there were some good times, but I haven't really thought too much about those in the past couple months. So before we get into you beating me with a wooden spoon, lets discuss the good things shall we?
- Welcomed the New Year
- Applied for a new job and got said new job. (thank god)
- Got to go out to DC to see my Sister.
- My birthday. Duh.
- New Hampshire with my Family = AMAZING.
- Paid off my Car Loan & got a New Car.
- Went to Florida
- One of my Best Friend's got to meet her Father for the first time (I SWEAR I'M FINISHING THE TRILOGY)
- I got accepted and officially get to be a college student again :]
I am trying REALLY hard not to let the bad outweigh the good.. okay?
So let's get into the crap you dished out to me 2010, shall we?
- The weekend before I start my new job I need a new gas line in my car. Which means I had to pay for a tow and for it to be fixed as well as a new tank of gas for me and the person toting my ass around. The next week my car payment was due and I had ZERO money to even get to work let alone pay that. thankfully one of my last paychecks from the Bob came in and I could cover it. But I was broke until my first paycheck on the final day of the month.
- I lost a friend. He committed suicide the night before Easter. That was not a phone call I ever wanted to receive, not that anyone does. I spent the next week in a blur of emotions, taking care of everyone because people thought I was seasoned at helping people take care of this since this was my 3rd friend that I had lost to suicide. You know, it wasn't until everything was over and I was sitting alone that anyone asked me how I was doing, not even my boyfriend. I was angry then, not terribly angry now about it because I truly do understand. I miss Julian a lot.
- Despite it being my birthday (which birthdays are awesome no matter what) it was a sucky birthday because I turned 20. There is nothing fun about being 20. At all. Need I say more?
- The day before a work fundraiser and two days before I leave to go to New Hampshire, my freakin' car, Alfie, breaks down. I was on my way home from cleaning it when I noticed it driving funny. Then it started smoking and I pulled over. And, as my luck would have it, it was a blown head gasket that would cost $1,000. That is 1/2 of what I paid for the vehicle. Clearly not worth it to get it fixed. Thus began my 2 month struggle with finding rides to and from work, trying to balance a boyfriend, and car shopping.
- Boyfriend of 2 years and I broke up. I am still having a really hard time talking about it, despite it almost being.. 4 months(ish).
- The Ex goes ballistic and become a psycho babbling shit talking asshole. I cry nonstop for weeks.
- The Holiday's. They are just rough, I have felt so alone. I'm continuing to develop these feelings and I don't know what to do with them. I am confused and irrational. But, 90% of my time is spent being irrational so I guess not too much has changed.
2010, you were a mean and nasty cold that I just couldn't get rid of (until 4 days from now that is). I hope your incessant ickyness doesn't carry over into what I am determined to make the best year of my life. I guess overall it wasn't that bad. I probably just feel worse than I should, but let me tell you 2010, I am ready for you to be over. This way I am forced to continue moving forward and have to look at the world with fresh eyes once again.
I hope with 2011 I find happiness and peace.
So 2010, I am bidding you adieu (for the next 4 days) because really, I am not terribly sorry to see you go.*
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
May 2011 be the BEST year for each and every one of you.
*Thus begins my absence until the New Year. When I will bring you the final chapter of the Daddy Daughter Story and a post about my home city, Flint, MI. Get excited.