Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Scrooge-itis

You are probably going to want to punch me in the face.


I'm waiting on permissions to give you part 3 of a Daddy/Daughter Story. I've been working on it all week and haven't gotten too far. BUT it is coming.. likely after Christmas, so you'll just have to put up with me for  the next week or so.

I am not ready for the Holiday's. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally looking forward to seeing my family, eating too much food and opening presents, but I am by no means ready for the Holiday's.

I haven't even really gotten into Christmas music, our tree has only a few ornaments on it (which my dad put up BY HIMSELF),  and I'm just not feeling even remotely excited for the Christmas.

What's with my Scrooge attitude? I am not a Scrooge! I haven't even put together a Christmas wish list. Mostly because I don't know what I want.

Actually i do know what I want but it is completely unrealistic for Christmas because my family isn't uber rich and neither am I. So my dreams of receiving an iPad for Christmas are nill, but I'm sure it will be a great Christmas.. once I give a list out for what I want.

I'm also no where near done with my Christmas shopping. I guess I don't understand how I feel more broke/behind on everything this year when I am making considerably more money than last year.. It doesn't make sense to me. Oh well, it will work out just like it does every other year.

So now I'm working through my boredom at work with some Christmas music courtesy of Pandora. I have to say while it is lovely listening to my favorite Jazz Artists serenade me with fa la lalala la's and Merry Christmas's, I am still feeling a little Scroogey.

Maybe I need to have a Christmas movie marathon.

Perhaps I'll just feel better when I'm done with my shopping.

Or maybe my Break up is just getting the better of my emotionally. It hasn't been easy, at all. There have been so many ups and downs. I haven't talked about it much other than the above link and I think it is just getting to me that I only have my family's Christmas this year and no where to go afterwards, no plans to look forward to once my family is gone.. It sucks so completely, but I'll figure it out, I have to. It's a part of this whole moving forward with my life thing I'm working on..

Speaking of which..

I AM OFFICIALLY A COLLEGE STUDENT AGAIN.
I am so excited and so fully ready to go back to school it is unreal.

It is time to move on with my life.

Well, I'm off to try to get rid of my "Scrooge-itis".

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being a college student!

    I've noticed that some years, I just feel like a Grinch, despite how much I love Christmas. All I can do is fake it 'til I make it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete