Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A sharing of a nightmare.

Today I have Midwestern Mama sharing with us her worst (i think) nightmare. I'm sharing another ghost story on Saturday, October 30, so go on over there and check her out and love on her immensly cause she rocked my socks right off, twice.

Without further ado... Midwestern Mama!!!

****

Ive had this recurring dream for as long as I can remember. I can even remember having it as kid.

It always starts out the same. I’m playing in this big old house, it’s filled with old antiques and the banister of the stairs is a combination of wrought iron and dark wood. It has a large angel on the hand pad of the rail. It scares me and fascinates me at the same time.  There is an old antique fainting couch that is upholstered in animal print complete with bright red trim (I know, but the house isn’t a brothel).  I can smell the musty air of the place, and see the dust particles flying around in the streaks of sunlight coming through the large stained glass windows.

I continue to play with old antique porcelain dolls until the curiosity of what is upstairs gets the best of me.  I don’t know how I get upstairs, but suddenly I’m there and roaming in and out of the rooms. Rooms filled with old canopy beds, antique music boxes and furniture. By all rights I should be afraid, but I’m not. There isn’t another soul in the house that I can see, but I am not afraid. 

I find this one small door at the end of a very long hallway. I open it and go through it. Suddenly I’m in a completely different part of the house, a part that looks like it has been closed off for centuries.  I’m walking on a inside sidewalk that spirals the outside of the walls in what may have one time been a garden, but is now all grown over. I can smell the earth and hear the creaking ornate iron slats as I walk over them. 

It’s at this point in the dream that I find myself in an old bathroom. It has an old claw foot tub and the smell of powder in the air. I’m instantly terrified. Terrified to the point I can’t move, I can’t scream, I can’t do anything. I’m in a panic.
Just as I’m to the point of dream that I feel like I’m going to faint a pair of hands reach out to me. I can only see whoever this is from the elbows down. The arms are clad in red plaid sleeves. 


They reach out to me and without a word, I know I’m safe. I reach out; take the hands and suddenly I’m transported to the outside of the house across the street on the sidewalk looking at the front of the house.

 And I wake up.Always.

*****

If you want to share your worst nightmare please email me at breathofella@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment